Monday, January 17, 2011

Introduction

January - Introduction

This blog will be updated weekly with postings to help solve garden problems, provide timely advice, give ideas, and help with garden needs.  During slow times of the year I will offer musing from my experience.  Many of the posts will be to discuss certain pest problems, be they weeds, disease, or insects.  Instructions will follow as to how to control those pests.  I currently work for a company named Green Light, which offers many solutions that will be of value for controlling most pest problems.

A short introduction about me is in order.  I grew up in the state of Idaho on a farm with beef and dairy animals and a large garden.  The garden was used to grow food for the table.  Being an Idahoan my father grew potatoes and later I worked for other potato growers for jobs to earn money to attend college.  My yearning desire as a youth was to gain an education to make a better life for me and my future family.  After a BS degree in Agronomy/Horticulture I attended graduate school and obtained advanced degrees in agronomy in Ohio and North Dakota.  For over 25 years I have developed products for agriculture and lawn & garden companies in the US.  Many products I have developed are being widely used to help people have better lawns, yards, gardens, and food crops to feed people.  My specialty has become pest control, meaning insects, weeds and diseases.  These opportunities have helped me be well versed on most of the problems people have growing plants through out the United States.  I love seeing things grow to produce good things to eat, beauty, and a pleasant environment.  My work has taken me to several foreign countries and allowed me to see people and agriculture in many different ways.

Check back next week.  The Garden Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment